When it comes to travel destinations, Delaware is one of the best. There are many incredible points of interest throughout the state, making it a fun and unique place to spend time. Below is a list of some must-see attractions that you should be sure to check out on your next trip:
* The Brandywine Zoo. Located in Wilmington, Delaware, this small zoo has animals from North and South America as well as Africa. Some of the most popular animal attractions include tigers, monkeys, and otters.
* Delaware Seashore State Park. If you enjoy spending time outdoors, a trip to this beautiful state park should definitely be on your list. You can find this outdoor attraction near Rehoboth Beach. The park itself is surrounded on both sides by water, making it truly unique. There is plenty of beach for sunbathing. You can cool off with a swim on a hot summer day. If you are feeling more adventurous, try your hand at surfing or sailboarding.
* Delaware Art Museum. If you are planning on visiting the Wilmington area and enjoy beautiful art, this large art museum is well worth checking out. Along with the indoor art collection, there is also a 9-acre sculpture garden outside surrounding the museum.
* Delaware Legislative Hall. If you enjoy politics or beautiful architecture, you may find the capitol building quite interesting. The building is open to the public on weekdays and can give you a glimpse into how Delaware’s legislative branch works.
* Delaware Agricultural Museum. Agriculture has been an important part of the history of nearly every state. Delaware is no exception. At the Agricultural Museum in Dover, you can see old farm equipment from a bygone era. There is a small 1890s village next to the museum that provides a look at what life was like during that time period.
With so many points of interest, it is no wonder that Delaware is a popular tourist destination. When planning your trip, be sure to make a detailed list of all of the attractions that you want to see. Try to schedule time for each one so that you don’t run out of time before you have a chance to see them all.
No matter where your interests lie, chances are, you can find something fun to do in this great state. You can also find additional attractions by searching online or by visiting the state website.